Sunday, April 3, 2011

sunday plus

i didn't write last week because i was out of town playing the piano at a friend's mom's wedding. it was pretty good. i spent a lot of time at their house playing their piano. i was glad to do it because i love them... and got to play whatever i wanted. how can you beat that?

well...i'll tell ya.

this weekend was general conference. it was awesome as usual. i love hearing general conference. every time i listen to the prophets and apostles, i learn something new or am told something that i need to be doing.

usually i feel a little bad to see how much i should be doing after listening to them. i feel like...yeah i wasn't even close... i kinda feel like the kid at the spelling bee that was using numbers and stuff. you know the kid i'm talking about...

another of the surprising things is that most of the stuff i learn that i need to do is not in what they say. they are the leaders put in place by Him to teach us. their speaking brings the spirit and that is what teaches me.

the other thing i love about the spirit of general conference is how it calms me. it helps me to forget about the things that I have to do. it helps me forget my worry about school and homework and everything and just be a non-stressed and calm, wonderful me.

and i'm kinda awesome.

something else that i notice is that when i can forget about all the stuff i have on the plate, and the spirit drives away the stupid thoughts i might have, i'm left thinking of what is most important to me. i'm left with what my mind would think and my heart would desire without all the distraction. that's pretty cool.

when this happens, i feel in love with my wife. i feel more in love with her than ever. and the cool thing is that it doesn't go down until the next time. i just keep falling for her more every day. i don't know how that happens. i just know i've gotten to the point where i don't think it's even possible for me to love her any more than i do more than a couple times...and every time, i love her more the next day. the presence of the spirit just gives it an extra kick.

so the moral is people, be where the spirit is. when you seek it, good things happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment