Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The first blog post ever...

so...i was about to write in my on-line journal that i write in like once a month if i'm lucky... (because my wife was writing in her blog and that reminded me)...and then i thought...why don't i just make a blog of my own.

i'm hoping that the whole other people reading it will give me a little more motivation...you know...like my public awaits or whatever. it can't hurt right. plus, you're interested. i mean you're still reading. right?

what i wanted to write about in my journal is something i just named the summer time doldrums. i feel there. the doldrums of the summer, to me in my college life, are when you've gotten in all the relaxing you can really handle for and are ready to get back to the crazy of the semester.

right now i feel like i'm doing the same thing every day. i kinda am. i go to work everyday at 9 and get off at 2...except for saturday which is 10 to 2...and sunday which is a non-work day being the sabbath and all. i go to a gym class every now and again too. but it seems like i'm just sitting around (probably because i am when i'm not at the gym...i even work sitting down).

my work is pretty boring. i do mostly the same thing about 200 times and go home after 5 hours. don't get me wrong. i'm totally grateful for my job and the flexibility it gives me to change my schedule according to my classes and not the other way around. but it's boring let's face it.

i suppose i could get myself out of the summer time doldrums by actively choosing to do so...and maybe i should. maybe i should get out there and try to accomplish more than beating the Lord of the Rings video game. maybe i should practice one of the many instruments i have laying around. maybe i should take my wife and box hunt for our move in 24 days...but it's hard to get moving in the doldrums. people used to get stuck in those. i suppose i could try though......

alright. you talked me into it. productive updates to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment